The Lean Institute provides competency-based certifications for the following designations:
- Lean Champion: This designated is provided to managers and executives with skills and competencies required to effectively sponsor Lean Six Sigma projects within their area of responsibility. Lean Champions demonstrate the ability to support Lean, and Six Sigma initiatives, and have exceptional project management, and change management skills that enable them to support projects to a successful conclusion.
- LSS White Belt: This is the basic six sigma certification level that deals with fundamental Six Sigma concepts. White belts support change management in an organization and engage with local problem-solving teams that assist projects.
- LSS Yellow Belt: At this level, you know the specifics of Six Sigma, how and where to apply it. You will support project teams on problem-solving tasks.
- LSS Green Belt: At this level, you understand advanced analysis and can resolve problems that affect quality. Green belts lead projects and assist black belts with data collection and analysis.
- LSS Black Belt: Six Sigma practitioners at this level are experts in process improvement and serve as key agents of change. At this level you will develop key metrics, act as a consultant, mange large projects, coach Green Belts and provide training and program support.
- LSS Master Black Belt: This is the highest level of Six Sigma achievement. At this level, you will lead QI programs, shape strategy, provide advanced training, coach executives, and mentor Black Belts.